Skip to main content

Broken

I'm not sure exactly how much more my heart can take.
It's to the point where each new tragedy both shatters and numbs me a little more.
The feelings go deeper and I do my best to stifle them so that I can carry on with my day-to-day but they're getting bigger, and the space for them to be contained is small and full and they are not feelings that are willing to play nicely and get along and do as they're told.
My apologies to all because I find they're bubbling out at the most inopportune moments and if you can just either pretend it's fine or give me a hug that'll help tremendously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Response

So I had the opportunity to attend a writing workshop with the wonderful and talented Sheree Fitch   a couple of weeks ago.  Hence the flood of writing you're so lucky to have stumbled upon, mwah ha ha... One of the great things she shared with us was her poem First Day of School .  It's just lovely, and written from the perspective of a parent who knows what is important, and how difficult it can be to preserve in a classroom.  She challenged us to write a response, as teachers, with that different perspective of what happens in the classroom. So I did. Here is Sheree's poem, followed by mine. First Day of School Here, take my child. He has a fistful of crayons, Is ready to begin To enter the halls that smell of chalk dust and lemon oil. He wants to colour a picture. Help him to see that the colour he chooses, The pictures he makes, are beautiful….. Before you ask him to paint the Sistine Chapel. Here, take my child. She knows one and one...

Look Up

Sometimes we get busy Head down in a hurry Minds cluttered with worry Forget to look up But looking just down While free from distraction Breeds dissatisfaction And troubles compound So look up Then look down Look left and then right Don't limit your gaze by direction For maybe (Quite likely) This looking around Is the way to maintain true connection.